February is American Heart Health Month!
Did you know our HEART is our body’s 3rd BRAIN? It’s true! We’ve all heard of neurons in our brain, but our heart actually has approximately 40,000 neurons of its own. This means that our heart-brain axis is responsible for much more of what we sense, feel, learn, and remember than we usually give it credit for – and that makes it a big part of your mental wellness.
Watch this video featuring Nutritional Biochemist, Dr. Shawn Talbott, to learn more about the important role of the heart-brain axis:
A HEALTHY HEART = A HEALTHY MIND
What better time than Heart Health month to take some time to listen to your heart and its needs. We know it’s best to look at health holistically – one solution doesn’t fit all. It takes products, programs, and people to cover every aspect of wellness. That’s why we’ve complied 5 Easy Ways for you to care for your whole heart.
5 Ways to Take Care of Your Heart
1. Get Moving! — Get your heart pumping for at least 15 minutes a day.
2. Take your MentaHeart — When it comes to heart health, Amare’s MentaHeart has you covered. By optimizing your heart-brain axis, MentaHeart
3. Socialize — Attend an Amare Event or grab lunch with a friend! Time with loved ones can do your heart good. A positive social life has been shown to provide all sorts of health benefits including a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
4. Schedule a Checkup — Checkups can be intimidating but it’s important to visit your physician yearly to get your blood pressure, cholesterol, and glucose levels checked.
5. Manage Stress — Set aside 30 minutes to practice stress-management activities like yoga or meditation.
No need to drastically overhaul your day-to-day. Small steps are key to success and MentaHeart is an easy first step you can take to care for your heart.
Find out more about amazing heart benefits of MentaHeart.